PDO Thread Non-Surgical Face Lifts Are Inexpensive & Make You Look Younger
Non surgical face lifts are a popular method of making people look younger by tightening loose skin on & around the face, neck, jawline, brow, eyes, and they come with a lot of benefits.
In this article we will talk about PDO thread lifts, also known as string facelifts, or lunch time facelifts, how they are the new trend in beauty, and an excellent alternative to surgical face lifts…
…Because they tend to preserve your natural appearance and typically avoid any major scarring that could leave permanent changes on your face and/or your skin’s texture or coloration.
PDO stands for polydioxanone which is a surgical grade material that has been used for years in surgery to repair tendons and ligaments.
This type of non-surgical face lift has been around for 30 years and is considered to be one of the safest treatments available today.
They are FDA approved so you don’t have worry about adverse effects on your face like other fillers such as Restylane® Juvederm®, Perlane®, Radiesse®, or Belotero Balance.
How Do Thread Lifts Work?
The PDO threads are applied under your facial skin to tighten loose muscles & bring back lost elasticity.
The lift works by using threads to stimulate your skin’s collagen in a way that lifts and tightens the face.
Your body will continue to produce more collagen over the next 3-6 months & your lift results will improve.
What are the benefits of PDO lifts?
– They have less risk than surgery because there’s no incision or anesthetic needed
– They are much faster than surgery, and will not leave you with any scars.
– Patients can resume their normal activities as soon as the procedure is completed.
– PDO threads dissolve naturally over time which means that you never have to worry about them having any side effects on your body’s health like some other surgical procedures can.
How long does a thread lift last?
– PDO Thread Lifts can last up to 18 months and you will not have any worry of a “Wind-Blown” or “Over-Pulled” appearance like surgical face lifts can sometimes cause.
Are there any drawbacks to a PDO facelift?
– Some Patients may need to avoid strenuous activities for six weeks after treatment and refrain from sun exposure to reduce the risk of discoloration or scarring.
– PDO Threads can be uncomfortable & may cause itchiness in some patients.
How much does the procedure cost?
The cost of a PDO Thread lift can vary depending on where you live, but PDO threads services in the Phoenix area are affordable and typically range from $800 to over $3000 depending on how many areas on your face you want to tighten and how many threads are used.
What is the PDO lift procedure like?
The PDO Thread lift process takes about an hour with no downtime needed afterward for most patients.
The doctor will numb your skin before putting PDO threads under the surface of your face & neck so that all of those areas become tighter and more youthful in appearance.
Patients can experience some discomfort during this time because PDO thread lifts tighten the muscles beneath their skin which causes a pulling sensation.
Many patients report feeling better within hours or days afterwards, and some report having minimal side effects such as redness or swelling.
PDO thread lift before and after
Here is a before and after video of StepUp To Wellness Med Spa’s top PDO thread technician Yas Blackman performing a PDO lift start to finish.
A PDO Thread Lift may not be appropriate for patients who are:
– Pregnant or nursing, it is recommended that you wait at least six months after giving birth before getting a PDO lift.
– Have an active infection anywhere in their body, which should be cleared up beforehand with antibiotics to avoid complications during and after treatment.
– Are taking any type of blood thinners like aspirin & ibuprofen because they can cause excessive bleeding if taken too close to procedure time.
Are Injectables like Botox as a face lift alternative better than PDO Thread Lifts?
Botox is another smooth, subtle, non-surgical alternative to expensive surgery on your face.
It works by freezing those muscle tissues that are responsible for causing wrinkles and therefore reduces their contracting capabilities, which makes it more difficult for them to cause creases on your face as you age.
– This process can be done by certified technicians who have the training and experience to make this as comfortable and effective as possible.
– Injectable fillers like Botox must be administered by an expert Botox & Filler Injector & it cost more per session.
– PDO Threads last longer than most other non-surgical options out there and come at a more affordable price point, making them an excellent choice.
– PDO Threads are more comfortable than injections as well, and could be a better option for those who have sensitive skin or allergies to the fillers used in Botox & other types of injectables.
PDO brow lift
Clients come in for this when they feel that their brow is too hooded, their eyes look low and or they just want a general lift in the forehead/brow area.
This procedure takes about 10 minutes, and results last up to two years.
There are some slight immediate results however best results are seen 6-9 weeks after insertion.
Pain is minimal except in certain “push through” areas.
Lidocaine local injection used for numbing.
If your goal is to restore volume and contour, give yourself a natural looking facelift or improve facial symmetry, this nonsurgical procedure can be just what you need.
The first step is to learn more about how it works and if it might be right for you, is to please contact us today & request a complimentary consultation so that one of our experts can answer all of your questions and help guide you through the process.
You get started on your new journey towards looking younger again today!